Retrofit Project of the Year
With new build projects contributing a small percentage of the buildings that will be in existence when the government’s various, legally binding carbon reduction target deadlines are reached, the retrofitting of buildings is becoming increasingly important if these targets are to be attained. This award therefore recognises the projects that have refurbished existing buildings to exemplary levels, meeting the needs of the client and providing the property with a new lease of life, while reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions. Submissions are also welcomed from manufacturers, distributors and merchants, but these should be in association with the contractor and/or consultant concerned and limited to one entry.
- Describe the project in 20 words or less
- When in 2019 was the project completed?
- Please outline your company’s contractual obligations for this
- Outline the condition of the building before the project started
- Describe the various materials, equipment and technology installed
- Explain the reasoning behind the choices for each technology
- What were the carbon savings/energy efficiencies delivered by the installation?
- Why do you think your entry deserves to win this award?